There has been a lot of talk about the process for having a street legal UTV in Texas. So ABF fabrication has decided to do a write-up on the process. First off we must write a disclaimer. The information in this article is based on the opinions and knowledge of ABF fabrication. The information cannot be guaranteed and ABF Fabrication will not be held responsible for any violations of the law, or damage to your vehicle.
Now Lets Get Started.
- First of all you will need to prepare your UTV for a Texas state Safety Inspection.
- Items you Need: Horn, Turn Signals, License Plate Mount and Light, DOT Tires, Seat Belts, Place to mount your Inspection/Reg Sticker. Kits can be purchased on EBAY
- Once all your items are installed, take your UTV to your local Inspection Station (Some stations will be clueless). Have them inspect and give you the Sticker along with the “Green Card” (this will allow you to get your title changed)
- Then you will need to go to your local TAX office. Here you will need to have your title changed from “offroad use” to “on road” use. If you are financing you will have to have your lender send the title to the tax office to be changed.
- Once your title has be updated to “on road use”, you can now get your registration.
- Place your stickers on your mount where they can be easily Readable
- Enjoy Ripping up the Streets.
|Preparing for Mud Nationals.||Polaris Ranger XP 900 Assembly Video|
|Preparing for Mud Nationals.|
|Polaris Ranger XP 900 Assembly Video|